Saturday, June 2, 2012

strange short tale

Three legs are only useful if you are a tripod, or if you are Toejam.  Otherwise, two should do.  Four ain't bad, but hands are better.  Or maybe centaurs had it right.  I don't know anymore.  I really don't.  But, I do know I hate those scum.  Those invaders, devastators, destroyers.  Killers of all that is good, save for me (I am still alive).  My friends, family, fellow planet dwelling creatures, all gone! Dead, twisted, torn to pieces by those beasts, those three legged monstrosities.  It wasn't this bad even a week ago.  I was sitting on my couch drinking a beer, just smiling, just enjoying everything.  A biologist on the verge of a major breakthrough.  But alas, the beasts arrived, on shiny starships, mad as hell.  Red like the devil, but shaped like angels.  That is why they deceived us so!  A gentle manner about them and a calm that could break a hurricane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment