Sunday, June 3, 2012

Samson's dilemma


Samson's dilemma,
by Walter and George Talbott

Samson was a wand'ring gent
who fled the job of management
Samson was a kindly fellow
to his friends he said Hello
but his boss was mean and rude
always giving sammy 'tude

So one wintry day
when Samson was feeling less than gay
He gathered his stuff up in a sack
he rolled up his sleeves and yanked up his slacks
Boss, my boss I am leaving post haste
Your business is good, but your life is a waste
Your hair is too short and your eyes are funny
You are so greedy all you care for is money
I have had enough I will never return
The bridge behind me I will gladly burn!
The next time I see you, you'll be in an urn
and with that, he strode out the door
he went to the barber's store
He thought to himself the world will be mine
if I cut my hair and give my shoes a shine
He knew not the fate that lay before him
He knew not the power of his mullet
God cried that day and swallowed his gullet
Samson my boy your hair!
Great power comes from there!
Lose your locks, lose your strength!
You need all of your fabulous length!
Every barber worldwide
felt something strange stir inside.
Who would cut such a glorious doo?
How did the scissors pierce their way through
Samson bellowed fear not my fellows
I am still strong and supple
look at that pillar
I will smash it
look at that mountain
I will trash it
He tried with all of his might 
to break the pillar to topple the mountain
but all that came of the fight
was a sad sad sight
Samson the man was now Samson the fountain
tears were streaming across his face
I must flee, I must flee this place
he yelled he shrieked but no one would listen
the poor fellow no longer glistened
The poor fellow was just a man, 
even though he had a sweet tan

2 comments:

  1. when was that written? I have no memory of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, you wrote the top five lines before the break, and told me to add to it.

    ReplyDelete